Commercial Fishing and Aquaculture
The Sea Fisheries section of the Commerce and Employment Department is based at Raymond Falla House.
Our role is varied and includes:
- Administration of the licensing regime for all British registered fishing vessels.
- Enforcing fisheries legislation on land and at sea.
- Compiling catch and effort statistics on the fishing industry.
- Day to Day liaison with industry members and other local Government Departments.
- Maintenance and operation of fisheries protection vessel Leopardess.
- Administration of imports and exports of aquaculture products.
- Licensing of shellfish farms.
There are five members of staff:
Senior Sea Fisheries Officer - Chris Morris
Sea Fisheries Officer (Control & Monitoring) - David Wilkinson
Sea Fisheries Officer (Marine & Enforcement) - Michael Phillips
Assistant Sea Fisheries Officer - Andrew Innes.
Temporary Assistant Sea Fisheries Officer - Amy Critchlow